don't F#$% with your skin

Hey everyone, 

Let's have a quick chemistry lesson

What is the acid mantle?

An invisible thin viscous fluid, the acid mantle, maintains and protects the overall health of skin and hair. Secretions formed by sebaceous and sweat glands compose the acid mantle. Sebum (the oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands) and sweat, (the salty, watery mix produced by the sweat glands) blend and are further acidified by secretions from normal flora of the skin (bacteria known as Staphylococcus epidermis). The normal acid mantle for both skin and hair ranges between 4.5 and 5.5. 

What is pH, anyway

pH is level of acidity. 7 is neutral (water, usually). Anything below 7 is acidic (stomach acid, lemon juice and your skin!). Anything above 7 is alkaline (salts, soaps, detergents).

What messes with the acid mantle

Sunlight, diet, excessive sweating and the application of skin or hair products can all lead to disruptions in the acid mantle.

Ways not to mess with the acid mantle

Washing the skin with moderately or highly alkaline soap or detergents (cleansers that foam are typically high in detergents) is one of the most common mistakes made that strips away the acid mantle. Shampoo running down the face is another common source of detergent exposure.

A perfect way to cleanse is to use a balancing oil cleanser.  It cleanses without stripping your skin of any good bacteria, good for your skin secretions, water and oils!

Get rid of toners that contain astringents (witch hazel is the biggest offender) and alcohol! Toners should be water based, gentle and hydrating. 

Ditch the oil-free products.

Like, today. 

We are proud to say that we're putting a dent into the barrier between green and 'conventional' beauty world. We're making broccoli sexy and there's no stopping us! The one and only oil-based serum foundation is rocking our world to its core, converting oil-free queens into counterintuitive pioneers.

We promote and challenge everyone to be open to counterintuitive beauty. I can go on for hours about what goes into a gel water-based-oil-free product to stabilize the gel formulation and the to restabilize the pH of it. The scary thing is that these products can still be certified organic as long as the organic content is 85%. Well, what about the rest of 15%? Why would you want to drink sodium hydroxide or a mild foaming agent for breakfast? Would you give it to your 5-year old self? I think I know the answer.

Please stay beautiful today and healthy tomorrow.

With so much love,







Best girls are waiting for you be found on
or go over and you will be particularly satisfied.


You are my heart:


You are my heart:


I could be blocked for posting “18+” photos. Please, write me here – My nickname is Nika

[url= ][img][/img][/url]

I am looking for sex, but do you want? Come in here

Hi! If you want to pull me on your stick, then message me where we can meet. Message there

1 2 3 4 5 11

Leave a comment